Gov-Relations Logo

Imperial County Social Services Agency

Written by: Ryan Reid
Last updated: March 25, 2024

The Imperial County Social Services Agency is a government organization located in Imperial County, California. It is dedicated to serving the community by providing various social services and assistance programs. The agency aims to support individuals and families in need, promote their well-being, and enhance their overall quality of life. By offering a range of services, the Imperial County Social Services Agency plays a vital role in addressing the needs of residents and fostering a stronger, more resilient community.


Agency Center

Office Address

Phone Number

Office Hours

Imperial County Social Services

2995 S 4th St.

El Centro, CA 92243

(760) 337-6800

Mon - Fri 8:00 am - 5:00 pm

Please note that the office may be closed on federal holidays.

Website and Online Services

The Imperial County Social Services Agency website, available at, provides valuable information and resources for residents seeking assistance and support. The site offers guidance on the application process and eligibility requirements, along with a resource directory connecting individuals and families to additional support services in healthcare, housing, education, and legal aid. 

Services Offered

The Imperial County Social Services Agency offers a range of services to support individuals and families in need. Some of the services they provide include:

  • CalWORKs (California Work Opportunity and Responsibility to Kids): This program offers temporary financial assistance, employment services, and supportive services to eligible low-income families with children.

  • CalFresh (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program): Formerly known as food stamps, CalFresh provides eligible individuals and families with monthly benefits to purchase nutritious food.

  • Medi-Cal: The agency assists individuals and families in accessing Medi-Cal, a state-run healthcare program that provides medical coverage to low-income individuals and families.

  • General Assistance: This program provides temporary financial assistance to individuals who are unable to support themselves and have no other means of income.

  • Child Welfare Services: The agency provides child protective services, foster care, adoption services, and support to families in crisis to ensure the safety and well-being of children.

  • Adult Protective Services: Imperial County Social Services Agency helps protect vulnerable adults who are elderly or disabled from abuse, neglect, and exploitation. They provide support, investigation, and intervention as needed.

  • In-Home Supportive Services (IHSS): This program offers assistance to elderly, blind, or disabled individuals who need support with activities of daily living. IHSS provides services such as personal care, housekeeping, and meal preparation.

  • Employment Services: The agency offers employment assistance, job training programs, and resources to help individuals find and maintain employment.

  • Homeless Assistance: Imperial County Social Services Agency provides support and resources to individuals and families experiencing homelessness, including emergency shelter referrals, rental assistance, and supportive services.

It's important to note that the availability and specific details of these services may change over time. For up-to-date and comprehensive information, it is recommended to visit the official website of the Imperial County Social Services Agency or contact them directly.

VI. Appointments and Wait Times

The Imperial County Social Services Agency typically operates by appointment to ensure efficient service delivery and minimize wait times. By scheduling appointments, the agency can allocate staff and resources appropriately and provide individualized assistance to clients.

To access services or seek assistance from the Imperial County Social Services Agency, it is recommended to contact them directly to inquire about their appointment procedures. They will be able to provide you with specific information regarding scheduling appointments, availability, and any potential wait times that may be associated with accessing their services.


The reviews for the Imperial County Social Services Agency are a mixed bag. Some reviewers appreciate the staff's niceness and attentiveness, while others express frustrations about long lines and limited window staffing. A few reviewers mention positive experiences with assistance delivery and improved wait times. However, there are also negative sentiments, including dissatisfaction with service, a dislike for the agency, and unsuccessful experiences in obtaining needed answers. Overall, the reviews highlight both positive and negative aspects of the agency's services, suggesting room for improvement in certain areas.


Here are some frequently asked questions about the Imperial County Social Services Agency:

  1. What documents do I need to bring when applying for assistance?

The required documents may vary depending on the specific program or service you are applying for. Generally, you should bring proof of identity, income, residency, and any other relevant documentation. It's advisable to contact the agency directly or visit their website to get a comprehensive list of required documents.

  1. How can I apply for CalWORKs or other public assistance programs?

To apply for CalWORKs or other public assistance programs, you can visit the agency's office to complete an application in person or apply online through their website. Alternatively, you may also request an application form by mail or over the phone.

  1. Are there any income eligibility requirements for the services provided?

Yes, many services have income eligibility requirements. The specific guidelines and thresholds may vary depending on the program. It's best to consult with the agency or check their website to determine the income limits for the service you are interested in.

  1. Are there transportation services available for those who need assistance?

The agency may offer transportation assistance for certain programs or services, such as medical appointments or employment-related activities. It's recommended to contact the agency directly to inquire about the availability of transportation assistance and the specific criteria for eligibility.

  1. Are there any programs or resources available for homeless individuals or families?

Yes, the Imperial County Social Services Agency provides support and resources for homeless individuals and families. They offer services such as emergency shelter referrals, rental assistance, and supportive services to help individuals and families experiencing homelessness.

Driving Directions

If per center is needed: 

Here are step-by-step directions to the Imperial County Social Services Agency:

  • Start from your current location and head towards Imperial County, California.

  • Use GPS or navigation apps to guide you to the agency's address. You can also use a mapping service to get precise directions based on your starting point.

  • Once you arrive in the vicinity of the agency's address, look for signs or landmarks that indicate the agency's location.

  • Park your vehicle in a designated parking area, if available, or find nearby parking options.

  • Approach the main entrance of the agency's office building.

  • As you enter, you may see a reception or information desk. If so, proceed there to inquire about the specific department or service you need assistance with.

  • If necessary, provide any required identification or documentation to the staff member at the desk.

  • The staff member will guide you further and provide you with instructions on where to go or whom to meet within the agency based on your needs.

  • Follow the directions given by the staff member to locate the appropriate office or department within the agency.

  • Once you reach the designated office or department, check in with the staff or receptionist and inform them of your purpose or appointment.

  • Wait for your turn if there are other people ahead of you. Bring any necessary documents or forms that you may need to provide.

  • When called, proceed to the designated service window or office, where you will receive assistance from a social worker or agency representative.

  • Clearly communicate your needs and provide any required information or documentation to the assigned staff member.

  • The staff member will guide you through the necessary processes, answer your questions, and provide you with the information or assistance you require.

  • If you have any further inquiries or need additional support, feel free to ask the staff member for clarification or guidance.

  • Once you have completed your business with the agency, you can exit the office and return to your vehicle or make your way to your next destination.

Please note that it's always a good idea to contact the Imperial County Social Services Agency directly or visit their official website for any specific instructions, changes in address, or additional information prior to your visit.

Ryan Reid
Ryan Reid is a dedicated social worker with a passion for improving the lives of vulnerable individuals and families in his community. With a bachelor's degree in Social Work from a reputable university, Ryan has spent over a decade working in various roles within the social services sector. His expertise lies in assessing the needs of at-risk populations, connecting them with essential resources, and advocating for their rights. Ryan's compassionate approach and unwavering commitment to social justice make him a trusted advocate for those in need of government assistance and support.
Gov-Relations | Subscribe Now!
Gov-Relations | Subscribe Now! Gov-Relations | Subscribe Now!
    Gov-Relations Logo
    Gov-Relations is where people may seek information on funding opportunities. With our help, we hope our readers are reducing paperwork and simplifying their grant application procedure. We provide data quality reviews, assistance, and informative articles to assist applicants in their journey to completing and submitting grant applications.
    (949) 695-8823
    17595 Harvard Ave. C2480-B Irvine, CA 92614
    © 2024 Gov-Relations. All Rights Reserved.